- January 05, 2021
- By cliftonrt46selfstorage
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our lives in many ways, often extending beyond health and safety concerns. For businesses, this may mean a sudden need to downsize and consolidate inventory or equipment. For individuals and families, unexpected moves present new challenges. No matter the reason you need extra storage space during the pandemic, Clifton Rt. 46 Self Storage provides flexible options to help you stay safe while keeping your belongings organized and protected. Here, we offer some tips on best practices for safe pandemic storage.
Make Use of Virtual Tools
When it comes to pandemic safety, reducing your exposure to others is important. Luckily, self-storage sites offer individual storage options that cut down the need to interact with others. Additionally, many companies, like Clifton Rt. 46 Self Storage, have gone one step further by extending online services so that customers don’t need to be onsite unnecessarily. Some of these useful tools include:
- Online site tours: Scoping out the location through a virtual site tour ahead of time could cut down on your need to interact with employees and other renters.
- Reserve a unit online: In many cases, you can even see which unit sizes are available and begin the reservation process online. A visit to the site may be needed to sign paperwork and confirm your transaction, but using virtual tools will allow you to assess the space ahead of time remotely.
- Remote payment options: When shopping around for a storage unit, make sure to take a look at payment options and policies. We offer the opportunity to create an account and pay online to help eliminate in-person payments and reduce your exposure to others.
Use Business Hours to Your Advantage
When you need to drop off, pick up, or otherwise access your stored items, take notice of the business’s hours of operation. You can further reduce your exposure by visiting your unit at odd hours if possible. For example, customers can access their units seven days per week at Clifton Rt. 46 Self Storage between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., so you can arrive at your convenience and avoid periods of heavy traffic.
Practice Safety Guidelines Onsite
Following public health guidelines set by local and federal authorities is a crucial step to ensuring your safety at a self-storage facility. For COVID-19, those safety guidelines include:
- Wear a mask to cover your nose and mouth: Whether interacting with staff or retrieving items from a shared unit, wearing a mask can help prevent getting or spreading the virus.
- Stay 6 feet away from others: When you encounter other customers or staff, keeping 6 feet in distance between you can help to discourage transmission.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces: Frequently touched surfaces can retain the virus between uses. Your unit’s point of entry and doorknobs or handles should be cleaned between uses, especially when access is shared.
Staying Safe and Getting the Storage You Need
While the pandemic has disrupted daily life in so many ways, it’s still possible to get the storage you need while minimizing risk to yourself and others. If you require a storage unit for personal or professional use, contact Clifton Rt. 46 Self Storage. Serving residents of Clifton, New Jersey, we’re proud to provide safe, affordable storage options to fit your needs. Reserve your unit online today, or call 973-772-1300 to speak with a representative.